[Air-L] ir11 - Thank you

Steve Jones sjones at uic.edu
Sat Oct 23 22:10:25 PDT 2010

Thanks to all who participated in IR11. It was, as usual, another excellent AoIR conference. But even though I write "as usual" it should not be taken for granted that an enormous amount of work goes into it, and that every conference has had a different character to it, another thing that greatly distinguishes it from so many other conferences. The conference organizers, led by Ann-Sofie Axelsson and Ylva Hård af Segerstad, the program chair, Torill Mortensson, and all of the other volunteers who made it possible deserve enormous credit and thanks for their work.

I also want to take a moment to thank the AoIR executive committee for its continued leadership and guidance of the association. As AoIR approaches its "teen years" (NB: I don't want to take that metaphor any further) it will likely continue to experience growing pains, and it is good to know that it will continue to be in good hands.

I'll look forward to seeing many of you in Seattle, and, I hope, sooner.

Steve Jones