[Air-L] Definition of on-line community through homophily

Semenov Alexander semenoffalex at googlemail.com
Thu Oct 7 07:08:04 PDT 2010

Hello, Uwe.
I skimed your article and it seemed very useful to me. I'll read it more
thoroughly later. Now I'll try to clarify my point.
At first, LJ-community "sociolog" doesn't present a "third place" for
sociological debates and conversations. Simply because people post there
mostly announcements and do it quite seldom. I'm not talking about comments.
You can check it yourself: (http://community.livejournal.com/sociolog/)
At second, I think, that people, who decided to join this community should
have at least some common characteristics (may be not related to sociology)
which we can obtain either from their "interests" section in the blog info
page or from their tags, which could be mined too. That's why I expect to
find at least some correlation in this features, so I need to check this
hypothesis. And the only way to do it that came to my mind is the method
from the article I've mentioned in the beginning.
Perhaps I'll add something to my arguement after reading your article.
Best regards,
Alexander.