[Air-L] the best way to archive web material?

Stefano De Paoli Stefano.DePaoli at nuim.ie
Thu Oct 21 08:08:14 PDT 2010

Hi Sarah,

not sure the programs does all what you need, but I have been using
a firefox addon called Scrapbook for a while, to archive the web:

http://amb.vis.ne.jp/mozilla/scrapbook/

you can save and manage collections of websites/pages, and it is quite
powerful in my view,as it has a few useful management tools.

You can easily back up collections and transfer them between scrapbook
(so you can share with colleagues the data).

I am not sure it does automatic crawling, but you might find something
that can work with it.

Well you can download it and play with it for a while :) and later
decide if it is worth using it.

I hope this is of some help

S.

--
My institutional page (not always updated with latest achievements)
http://www.nuim.ie/nirsa/people/postdocs/stefano_de_paoli.shtml

s and downloads as well, although as we are tending to focus on
relatively short periods of intense interest around particularly
issues/events, we don't need a long-term crawl system.