[Air-L] ir11 - Thank you

Jeremy hunsinger jeremy at tmttlt.com
Sun Oct 24 05:40:04 PDT 2010

I second this, it was an excellent conference, I just wish I could
have met more of the people I didn't know, not that they wanted to
meet me and chat  I also think we need to extend thanks to Mathias
Klang, who put out a few fires and helped out immensely in a myriad of
ways and to the 'green shirts', the students and staff that stepped
forward and worked to make the conference a success.  I look forward
to next year, I am told that the exec will be performing a song and
dance review and Michael might wear tails and a top hat.

On Sun, Oct 24, 2010 at 1:10 AM, Steve Jones <sjones at uic.edu> wrote:
> Thanks to all who participated in IR11. It was, as usual, another excellent AoIR conference. But even though I write "as usual" it should not be taken for granted that an enormous amount of work goes into it, and that every conference has had a different character to it, another thing that greatly distinguishes it from so many other conferences. The conference organizers, led by Ann-Sofie Axelsson and Ylva Hård af Segerstad, the program chair, Torill Mortensson, and all of the other volunteers who made it possible deserve enormous credit and thanks for their work.
>
> I also want to take a moment to thank the AoIR executive committee for its continued leadership and guidance of the association. As AoIR approaches its "teen years" (NB: I don't want to take that metaphor any further) it will likely continue to experience growing pains, and it is good to know that it will continue to be in good hands.
>
> I'll look forward to seeing many of you in Seattle, and, I hope, sooner.
>
> Steve Jones

jeremy hunsinger
Center for Digital Discourse and Culture
Virginia Tech
www.tmttlt.com

()  ascii ribbon campaign - against html mail
/\                        - against microsoft attachments
http://www.stswiki.org/  sts wiki
http://transdisciplinarystudies.tmttlt.com/  Transdisciplinary
Studies:the book series

I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn
how to do it.
-Pablo Picasso