[Air-L] Berkman Center Accepting Fellowship Applications for the 2011-2012 Academic Year

Amar Ashar ashar at cyber.law.harvard.edu
Fri Oct 15 14:53:12 PDT 2010

Hi Everyone,

The Berkman Center for Internet & Society at Harvard University is now
accepting applications for fellowships for the 2011-2012 academic year
-- and we hope this announcement will be of interest to many on the AoIR
list!

*We are currently accepting applications through two distinct channels:*

·         First, we are accepting applications for a specific fellowship
opportunity: our *academic fellowship*
<http://cyber.law.harvard.edu/getinvolved/fellowships/academic20112012>
for rising early-to-mid career academics.

·         Second, we are accepting applications for fellowships through
our *annual open call*
<http://cyber.law.harvard.edu/getinvolved/fellowships/opencall20112012>.

The academic fellowship is intended for a rising scholar who will use
the period of the fellowship to develop his/her teaching and research
career and produce compelling, potentially paradigm-shifting
contributions to our understanding of cyberspace.  It is a stipended
fellowship and residency in Cambridge, MA is required.  The deadline for
applications for the academic fellowship is 11:59 p.m. ET on November
15, 2010.

Our annual open call for fellowship applications is an opportunity for
academics and practitioners working on issues related to Internet and
society to apply to be part of the Berkman fellows community.  Stipends
and administrative determinations are made on a case-by-case basis, and
residency in Cambridge, MA is preferred, though in lieu of residency,
routine visits to Cambridge are required.  The deadline for applications
through our open call is 11:59 p.m. ET on December 15, 2010.