[Air-L] ASU Justice and Social Inquiry Two Assistant Professor Positions

Merlyna Lim olohok at gmail.com
Fri Oct 15 11:24:22 PDT 2010

http://justice.clas.asu.edu/node/164

ASSISTANT/ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR: Justice & Social Inquiry http://justice.clas.asu.edu/ in the School of Social Transformation http://sst.clas.asu.edu/.  The faculty of Justice and Social Inquiry in the School of Social Transformation at Arizona State University-Tempe invites applications for two full-time, tenure-track assistant professor positions.

Justice & Social Inquiry is an innovative, interdisciplinary academic program that places social justice at the center of its scholarship and teaching. Our 17 tenure track faculty hold degrees from a range of social science and humanities disciplinary and interdisciplinary programs.  We offer a robust undergraduate program with both B.S. and BA degrees in Justice Studies, a minor in Justice Studies, and three undergraduate certificate programs in Economic Justice, Human Rights, and Socio-legal Studies. We also offer an M.S. and Ph.D .in Justice Studies as well as a graduate certificate in Socio-Economic Justice and a Ph.D./JD option.  Our areas of research specialization include: Citizenship, Migration and Human Rights; Globalization, Sustainability and Economic Justice; Law, Policy and Social Change;  Media, Technology, and Culture; Social Identities and Communities.

We seek applications from candidates with research interests in one or more of the following: economic justice/political economy, human rights, media studies, science and technology studies, sustainability.

We invite applications from candidates trained in social science and humanities disciplines including anthropology, economics, geography, history, political science, psychology, and sociology, or interdisciplinary fields such as American studies, ethnic studies, gender studies, and justice studies.

Qualified candidates must have a PhD in a relevant field completed by August 1, 2011. We seek candidates who have a strong research and teaching profile in one or more of the above areas and a commitment to teaching undergraduate and graduate courses from interdisciplinary justice perspectives. For one position, preference will be given to quantitative researchers interested in teaching graduate-level quantitative methods.

To apply please send letter of application, writing sample (maximum 30 pages), curriculum vitae, and have three letters of reference sent to Dr. Nancy C. Jurik, Search committee chair. Email address isJennifer.Brown at asu.edu. Postal address is Dr. Nancy C. Jurik, c/o Jennifer Brown, Justice & Social Inquiry, School of Social Transformation, Arizona State University, PO Box 874902, Tempe AZ 85287-4902.

The review of applications will begin on November 29, 2010 and continue until the position is filled.

Background check is required for employment and Arizona State University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to excellence through diversity. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. For more information please visit http://justice.clas.asu.edu or contact Dr. Nancy Jurik at nancy.jurik at asu.edu.