[Air-L] Customized Technology for Repressive Regimes

Iginio Gagliardone iginio at gmail.com
Fri Oct 15 21:05:53 PDT 2010

Eddan,

I know the case of Cisco System and Hughes network building a IP based
videoconferencing system in Ethiopia allowing the Prime Minister and other
cadres in the government to connect with local nodes of the administration
and instruct supposedly independent locally elected representatives on how
they should run their constituencies.
Probably not exactly what you are looking for, but still an example of
"surveillance and control" which is internal to the state apparatus.
You can find an article I wrote on this system here
http://www.igi-global.com/bookstore/Article.aspx?TitleId=37556
And if you need any further information, I'll be happy to help (
iginio at gmail.com)

Iginio