[Air-L] IRB and blogs

William Dutton william.dutton at oii.ox.ac.uk
Sun Oct 17 09:36:53 PDT 2010

The UK's ESRC published a revised ‘Framework for Research Ethics (FRE)’<http://www.esrcsocietytoday.ac.uk/ESRCINFOCENTRE/OPPORTUNITIES/research_ethics_framework/>, which is available in full on the Web. I thought the six key principles of ethical research — principles that the ‘ESRC expects to be addressed whenever applicable' — are very useful guidelines, but I'd welcome any comment. See: http://people.oii.ox.ac.uk/dutton/2010/02/05/principles-to-guide-research-ethics-in-the-social-sciences/