[Air-L] Permission to reproduce webpages?

Dan L. Burk dburk at uci.edu
Fri Sep 3 10:56:14 PDT 2010

Paul Heald -- one of the best minds working in the copyright field today
-- long ago mapped out a series of claims (or counter-claims) that could
be brought against spurious assertions of copyright:

Paul Heald, Payment Demands for Spurious Copyrights: Four Causes of
Action, 1 J. Intell. Prop. L. 259 (1994).

http://digitalcommons.law.uga.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1341&context=fac_artchop

Unfortunately, asserting such claims is expensive and unpleasant, but the
law is there for anyone with the intestinal fortitude to use it.

DLB

--
Dan L. Burk
Chancellor's Professor of Law