[Air-L] cultural/political studies on Reverse Engineering ?

Nick air-l at njw.me.uk
Mon Sep 27 03:25:25 PDT 2010

Hi Antoine,

You'd probably be interested in Fravia <http://www.searchlores.org>.
He started out as a reverse engineer, then moved to hacking search
engines (in the sense of working out how to use them *really*
effectively), then focused on cutting through the bullshit which he
saw as plaguing our times. He saw all of these as different aspects
of reversing; as vital for personal and collective political and
cultural wellbeing. He wrote extensively on his website as to why he
saw this as so important.

Also if you haven't yet I'd look at some of the free software folks
reverse engineering drivers. I get the impression that for a lot of
them it's something they wish they didn't have to do (as the
manufacturers ought to write drivers and explain how their devices
work), but it's something that "needs to be done."

Good luck with your work.

Nick White