[Air-L] Looking at job postings: Any advice?

Christine Daviault davch159 at student.otago.ac.nz
Wed Sep 29 22:54:45 PDT 2010

Hi everyone,

I have been following everybody's answer to Devin's question about
Graduate programs for "internet studies" and I have found them very
interesting from a PhD student perspective as well. So let me ask you
all the following question: What would be your advice for a PhD
candidate starting to look at job postings for next year? How can I
find a position that fits or should I jump at any opportunity? How can
I distinguish myself? What are universities looking for in general?

Thank you all in advance,

Christine