[Air-L] Theories of computer networks

Andrew Herman aherman at wlu.ca
Mon Sep 6 06:44:12 PDT 2010

Yes, Beniger is a classic.
And don't forget Alexander Galloway, Protocol (2002)

Andrew Herman, Ph. D.
Associate Professor and Chairperson
Department of Communication Studies
Graduate Program in Cultural Analysis and Social Theory
Wilfrid Laurier University
Waterloo, Ontario N2L 3C5
CANADA
519 884-1970 x3693

>>> Eran Fisher <eranfisher at gmail.com> 09/06/10 1:54 AM >>>
a classical reading in this vein:
Beniger, James. 1986. The control revolution: Technological and economic
origins of the
information society. Cambridge, MA: Harvard University Press.

this might also be helpful:
Mattelart, Armand. 2003. The information society: An introduction. Thousand
Oaks,
CA: Sage.

cheers, Eran
--

Eran Fisher, PhD

Postdoctoral Fellow

Kreitman School for Advanced Graduate Studies
Department of Communication Studies
Ben Gurion University, Israel

-----
*New book*: Media and New Capitalism in the Digital Age: The Spirit of
Networks (Palgrave, 2010)
www.amazon.com/Media-New-Capitalism-Digital-Age/dp/0230616070