[Air-L] cultural/political studies on Reverse Engineering ?

Antoine Mazieres mazieres at gmx.com
Mon Sep 27 02:22:43 PDT 2010

Dear IRs,

First of all, I'm following this mailing-list with great attention since
more than a year, and it's the first time i'm posting something, so :
thanks for existing ! :)

I'm doing some research on cultural aspects and political implications
of Reverse Engineering, understood as a specific way to interact with
devices and to learn.

I've started some field studies and already get some good
bibliographical references about reversing of Skype, DRM, or general
considerations on regulation and law issues attached to that topic. But,
until now I didn't find something that do a zoom-out on cultural and
political contexts of this practice.

Maybe one of you have heard on something ? Or could suggest a trail to
follow ?

Thank you,

All best,

Antoine Mazières