[Air-L] Air-L Digest, Vol 74, Issue 35

mama.nin at gmail.com mama.nin at gmail.com
Wed Sep 29 17:07:30 PDT 2010

I'll third that sage advice. I'm completing my PhD in an interdisciplinary department in a research university. There are quite a few already, with more joining the ranks all the time. I feel well trained in methods and theory in communication, sociology, and anthropology- but my focus is on 'new media' (Internet) studies, which is well supported in my department.

My particular program is Communication, Culture & Media at Drexel University in Philadelphia. I can't recommend an interdisciplinary program enough. I feel well trained to teach in a number of fields in the social sciences.

Best wishes in your search for the right program-

Nora Madison

Out beyond ideas of wrong-doing and right-doing, there is a field. I will meet you there ~Rumi