[Air-L] Theories of computer networks (Holly Kruse)

yannbona at molekulab.net yannbona at molekulab.net
Mon Sep 6 21:29:43 PDT 2010

Hi Holly,

You might consider taking a look to classic Science and Technology
Studies (STS) literature on Large Technological Systems.

For Instance;

Hughes, T. P. (1987). The evolution of large technological systems. In
Bijker, W. E., Hughes, T. P., and Pinch, T. J., editors, The Social
Construction of Technological Systems: New Directions in the Sociology
and History of Technology, number x, 405 p, pages 51-82. MIT Press.

...Star, S. L. (1999). The ethnography of infrastructure. American
Behavioral Scientist, 43(3):377-391.

Although a quick search at any journal database should give you a more
comprehensive and updated results, those are still a good place to
start.

You might also want to take a look at a forthcoming book @

http://www.openwaves.ws/

Best of luck and, if you agree, I would be interested in reading a
copy of your work.

--
Yann Bona
http://wifi-r.molekulab.net/