[Air-L] Theories of computer networks

Holly Kruse holly.kruse at gmail.com
Sun Sep 5 14:03:44 PDT 2010

Hi all:

I'm curious: what are recommended sources for social and cultural theories of computer networks?: specifically, social theories having to do with the technology's expansion across space.  I'm need to make a fairly explicit analogy between the social implications of the historical development/organization and colonization of space of computer networks and another, older communication technology.  I don't need to make analogies to other older communication technologies (writing, print, telegraph, telephone, radio, TV, etc. – or phonograph, on which I've written.  I pretty familiar with that literature).  For purposes of this project, I just need sources on computer networks.  I probably need to re-read Castells, because it's been a while.  Anything else?

Thanks!

Holly

----
Holly Kruse