[Air-L] Air-L Digest, Vol 74, Issue 9

Ivana Felicia ivfel at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 7 01:21:11 PDT 2010

Hi Holly,

maybe you can search for Martha McCaughey and Michael D.Ayers book,
Cyberactivism: Online activism in theory and practice, Routledge, 2003.

Message: 4
Date: Sun, 5 Sep 2010 16:03:44 -0500
From: Holly Kruse <holly.kruse at gmail.com>
To: air-l at aoir.org
Subject: [Air-L] Theories of computer networks

Hi all:

I'm curious: what are recommended sources for social and cultural theories of
computer networks?: specifically, social theories having to do with the
technology's expansion across space.  I'm need to make a fairly explicit analogy
between the social implications of the historical development/organization and
colonization of space of computer networks and another, older communication
technology.  I don't need to make analogies to other older communication
technologies (writing, print, telegraph, telephone, radio, TV, etc. ? or
phonograph, on which I've written.  I pretty familiar with that literature).
For purposes of this project, I just need sources on computer networks.  I
probably need to re-read Castells, because it's been a while.  Anything else?

Thanks!

Holly

----
Holly Kruse