[Air-L] Blogbots at large?

David Golumbia dgolumbia at gmail.com
Sun Sep 5 10:43:46 PDT 2010

this is just so easy from a computational-linguistics perspective that i see
very little hope in stopping it. it's the same method of generating
automatic text that you can find by searching various iffy terms on google
and getting back tons of links with URLs like
www.true-kim-kardsahsian-sex-video-xxxx.com and so on (the URLs, in this
case, being auto-generated and sometimes the content of the pages too).

in the last 2 years i have started to see blog pages that approach being
indistinguishable from human-created blogs. But I've yet to see one (as far
as i know!) that could hold the illusion.

google tries to keep these guys out of their results, but it seems like a
war that, like email spam (also often constructed the same way), can only be
held off and not altogether eradicated.

as for holding hte illusion: has anyone noticed how many traffic, sports,
and weather reports, especially from govt authorities like noaa etc. via
audio bands, appears to have had no human involvement other than possibly a
sampled voice somewhere far back in history? (that is, the entire alert has
been triggered via, assembled, composed by, broadcast and spoken
computational methods).

DG

http://uncomputing.org/