[Air-L] Graduate programs for "internet studies"?

Dan Perkel dperkel at ischool.berkeley.edu
Wed Sep 29 10:52:41 PDT 2010

Hello Devin,

You may also want to consider the somewhat nebulous, but interesting, world
of "Information Schools." (Or: Schools of Information, Schools of
Information and Library Science, or Informatics Programs....and more!) A
list of some of these schools--though not all--can be found in the right
hand column of http://ischools.org/. The kind of work you seem interested in
doing would be a really good fit for many of those programs either at the
Master's or PhD level. I would advise looking carefully look through both
the faculty and students in each (though the websites often don't reflect
what's actually happening in the program).

There are also Sociology and Communication programs (I am guessing Polisci
also) that have experts in areas you are interested in as well.

Regards,

Dan

Dan Perkel
Doctoral Candidate
UC Berkeley School of Information, Berkeley Center for New Media
http://people.ischool.berkeley.edu/~dperkel