[Air-L] CFP: The Journal of Interactive Technology and Pedagogy (DEADLINE EXTENDED TO 5/31)

matt.lists at gmail.com matt.lists at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 05:49:18 PDT 2011

Dear Colleagues,

Please see the CFP below and forward to anyone you know who might be
interested. Many thanks.

Matt
Matthew K. Gold, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor, New York City College of Technology (English) and
CUNY Graduate Center (Interactive Technology and Pedagogy)
Project Director, CUNY Academic Commons <http://commons.gc.cuny.edu/>
300 Jay Street, Brooklyn, New York 11201
http://mkgold.net    mattgold at gmail.com

------

Subject:  CFP:  The Journal of Interactive Technology and Pedagogy (DEADLINE
EXTENDED TO 5/31)

Please forward this to your department listserv and to any colleagues to
which it would be of potential interest.  Thank you!

***

The Journal of Interactive Technology and Pedagogy, a new, peer reviewed
publication, seeks scholarly work that explores the intersection of
technology with teaching, learning, and research. We are interested in
contributions that take advantage of the affordances of digital platforms in
creative ways.

Submissions that focus on pedagogy should balance theoretical frameworks
with practical considerations of how new technologies might be employed in
the classroom. Research-based articles should include discussions of
approach, method, and analysis.

In addition to scholarly articles, we will consider:

* Manifestos and jeremiads: ideological statements that strongly articulate
new visions of academic life and work.
* Interviews, dialogues or conversations: interviews with teachers or
researchers using new tools or techniques in innovative ways; dialogues
between scholars on new directions in pedagogy and research; or roundtable
discussions about pedagogy, research, or academic development.
* Reviews of relevant materials in the field: descriptions and critiques of
recent offerings in the field, such as new books, hardware, software, CMSes,
etc.
* Assignments or exercises, classroom-based or otherwise, accompanied by
critical reflection.
* Creative works: videos, animations, poems, games, photographs,
presentations, etc.

On average, full-length articles range between 3,500 and 8,000 words, but
more important than length is the work’s ability to engage an audience in
critically reflecting on the uses of technology in academic contexts.

All submissions must be previously unpublished. We regret that we cannot
consider simultaneously submitted work. For our complete guidelines, please
go to http://ojs.gc.cuny.edu/index.php/itcp/about/submissions.