[Air-L] Suggests for recruiting survey participants on SNS?

Johnson, Thomas J tom.johnson at austin.utexas.edu
Thu Apr 14 21:23:20 PDT 2011

My colleague Barb Kaye and I are soon going to be launching a survey that largely focuses on social network sites and blogs and issues such as selective exposure and polarization.  We have had a lot of success getting our survey posted to blogs, but have had a difficult time getting people to answer it through social network sites although I posted a message on my wall, created a Facebook Group and contacted Facebook groups about posting the survey without a great amount of success.  For this study we are also asking questions about YouTube and Twitter.  I would appreciate any advice from people on ways they promoted a survey on social network sites, Twitter and YouTube.  Thanks in advance. Tom Johnson