[Air-L] ethics of new or emerging media

Charles Ess charles.ess at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 21:44:30 PDT 2011

Many thanks for the recommendation, Michael!

Let me add that I will be working on the second edition of DME for delivery
to Polity in December.  The revisions will include new case-studies and
updates, etc., from my own use of the book in teaching; as well, since its
publication in 2009 I have received a number of very useful suggestions,
including very teachable case-studies and related student projects, from
colleagues and AoIRists that I plan to incorporate in the revisions (and
with great gratitude and scrupulous acknowledgement).

All of this is to say:
a) if anyone is planning to use the book and would like access to some of
the updated material (both my own and that contributed by other colleagues),
please contact me off-list and I'll see what I can do to send along relevant
materials as well as put you in touch with relevant colleagues; and
b) if anyone has any additional suggestions, including suggestions for more
recent case-studies, etc. that you would be willing to share for possible
inclusion in the 2nd edition, I would be very grateful indeed to hear from
you!

Many thanks in advance,
Charles Ess
Professor MSO
Institut for Informations- og Medievidenskab
Helsingforsgade 14
8200 Århus N.
Denmark
mail: <imvce at hum.au.dk>
tel: (+45) 8942 9250

Professor, Philosophy and Religion
Drury University, Springfield, Missouri 65802 USA

Exemplary persons seek harmony, not sameness. -- Analects 13.23
==