[Air-L] Citing inactive websites

Darryl Woodford dp.woodford at qut.edu.au
Wed Aug 24 22:21:53 PDT 2011

I am curious what you would then do with the archive. For example I have an archive of (now-removed) forum posts from a virtual environment I conducted some research in. If I wanted to cite those, and came across an editor in the same frame of mind as Debbie, would the archive help? -What would be the ethics of making something re-available (on a supporting web page or similar) that the original poster, or forum moderators, decided they did not want public?

Darryl Woodford
PhD Candidate | Sessional Academic,
Creative Industries Faculty
Queensland University of Technology