[Air-L] Invitation for PhD research participants

Health Sciences L.Irving at curtin.edu.au
Mon Aug 8 00:11:41 PDT 2011

I would like to invite higher education staff that have integrated or are
currently integrating virtual worlds in their teaching practice, to
participate in my PhD research project. The research examines the ways in
which higher education staff experience virtual worlds as pedagogical
places. You would be required to participate in a one on one interview via a
Second Life space, Skype or similar online technology. Interviews will last
approximately one hour and a follow up interview of up to one hour may be
required. A face ­to-face interview may be possible if you are in Australia.
Your participation would be completely anonymous in the writing up of the
research, as would any reference to your institution or virtual world
teaching space. More in-depth information regarding the research project
including ethics documentation will be provided when you email indicating
your interest in participating. If you are interested in participating or
would like to know more about the project before deciding please contact me
at lii at deakin.edu.au.  I require 15 to 20 participants and in the event that
I receive more willing participants than I need I will randomly select the
required number. Participants will receive a $50AUD Amazon voucher in
appreciation of their time and commitment to participate.

Thank you

Leah Irving