[Air-L] Research on Content Creators?

Denise N. Rall denrall at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 10 16:46:05 PDT 2011

Yosem -

This is a bit of a long shot, but in 2007 Sandra Harrison was working on this topic -

Harrison, S., Ed. (2007). 'Transgressions, miscommunication and flames:
problematic incidents in email discussions' in Mia Consalvo & Caroline
Haythornthwaite, (Eds.) AoIR Internet Annual Volume 4, New York: Peter
Lang, pp 105-117.

As I recall, her research pointed to a similar statistic, that 5% of the people produced 95% of the flaming. Her paper might have citations to similar percentages in other contexts.

Someone at AoIR presented on this topic regarding email contributors, I cannot recall when or where I heard them, hopefully they will come forward!

Cheers, Denise

Dr Denise N. Rall, Research Assistant, School of Health & Human Sciences
Exhibitor, Art in Chemistry, NeXT Gallery, Magellan St., Lismore,
Opening Thursday 18 August 18 5-7 PM, On display 8-26 August, 2011
Lismore NSW AUSTRALIA Mobile +(61)(0)438 233344 Fax +(61)(0)2 6624 5380
http://www.scu.edu.au/schools/esm/staff/pages/drall/