[Air-L] Recommendations on mobile (phone) tech books

Sarah Roberts robert50 at illinois.edu
Mon Aug 15 09:19:50 PDT 2011

Greetings, all --

I was reading a few book reviews yesterday but thought I would turn to this knowledgeable body for recommendations on a good overview text on the history and current state of mobile (phone) technology and its social role - with emphasis on the latter, rather than on the historical bit.  It could be a broader work on mobile tech, but I'm primarily interested in mobile/cell phones. I've come across Mobile Phones and Mobile Communication, by Ling and Donner, as well as Mobile Communications: An Introduction to New Media by Green and Haddon.  Would others immediately recommend something else, in addition or in lieu of?

Thanks so much.

---

S a r a h  T.  R o b e r t s
Doctoral Student and Fellow, Information in Society
Graduate School of Library and Information Science (GSLIS)
http://www.lis.illinois.edu/people/students/sarah-roberts-phd-student

http://www.lis.illinois.edu/academics/programs/phd/infosociety