[Air-L] ethics of new or emerging media

Michael Zimmer zimmerm at uwm.edu
Mon Aug 8 19:12:14 PDT 2011

Charles Ess's "Digital Media Ethics" is a good starting point, and provides an easily-digestible analysis of both the ethical frameworks, and how they play out in current new media technologies.

And I've used Tavani's "Ethics and Technology: Controversies, Questions, and Strategies for Ethical Computing" for my general information technology ethics class, but that isn't focused on only new media (depending on how you are defining that).

Michael

--
Michael Zimmer, PhD
Assistant Professor, School of Information Studies
e: zimmerm at uwm.edu
w: www.michaelzimmer.org