[Air-L] Citing inactive websites

Debbie McCormick seekersbrain at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 19:57:29 PDT 2011

Thanks for the replies.

William - yes. Zotero is great I use it now for most web docs that I need a
snapshot of, but unfortunately no use for my current dilemma.
Mark - I've been able to get some off the Wayback Machine but not all.
Alejandro - yes, I have the original date and that was what I included but
the editors are questioning that since the sites no longer exist they are
saying that date is irrelevant.

Any other ideas? This is going to be an issue that will be faced by many of
us in the not too distant future.  The various style guides don't offer much
advice but I have seen various conversations about the issue and it even has
a name - linkrot (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Link_rot).

Cheers
Debbie