[Air-L] Digital Social Research: Symposium and Forum

Eric Meyer eric.meyer at oii.ox.ac.uk
Fri Dec 2 04:20:15 PST 2011

On 12-13 March 2012, the Oxford e-Social Science project (http://microsites.oii.ox.ac.uk/oess) at the Oxford Internet Institute is organizing a pair of events.
On the 12th of March, an academic symposium on Social Science and Digital Research: Interdisciplinary Insights<http://www.oii.ox.ac.uk/events/?id=486> will bring together researchers interested in understanding how e-research has influenced the foci, quality, and significance of research. Abstracts are due by 9 December 2011. More information at http://www.oii.ox.ac.uk/events/?id=486
On the 13th of March, a policy forum on Digital Social Research: A Forum for Policy and Practice<http://www.oii.ox.ac.uk/events/?id=487> will focus on understanding the adjustments to policy and practice that must occur for the potential of e-research to be more fully realized. Those academics presenting at the academic symposium will be invited, but also we plan to invite researchers and relevant leaders from business, industry and government around the table to discuss the implications of social science research on digital scholarship for policy and practice. We would value any nominations or suggestions of individuals we should invite to the forum. More information at http://www.oii.ox.ac.uk/events/?id=487

Eric T. Meyer
Research Fellow, Oxford Internet Institute
University of Oxford
eric.meyer at oii.ox.ac.uk<mailto:eric.meyer at oii.ox.ac.uk>
Web: http://www.oii.ox.ac.uk/people/?id=120
SSRN: http://ssrn.com/author=912385