[Air-L] opportunities you might care about
aoir.z3z at danah.org
Thu Dec 8 11:57:12 PST 2011
I'm involved in a ridiculous number of calls for things with looming deadlines that might be of interest to this community. Rather than spamming y'all with updates about all of them, I put them into one brief list in the hopes that this might be helpful:
Microsoft Research Postdocs.
• Who: Newly minted/about-to-be-minted PhD students working on social media topics from a social science perspective
• Deadline: December 12, 2011
• More Information: http://socialmediacollective.org/2011/11/15/microsoft-research-social-media-postdoc-opening/
Special issue of JOBEM on Socially-Mediated Publicness.
• Who: Scholars who want to publish their work on socially-mediated publicness in a fantastic journal experimenting with open-access
• Deadline: December 12, 2011 for brief abstracts; January 6, 2012 for complete articles
• More Information: http://socialmediacollective.org/2011/09/13/socially-mediated-publicness-a-call-for-papers/
Digital Media & Learning Summer Institute.
• Who: Graduate students/young postdocs doing work touching on policy and innovation around digital media & learning
• Deadline: January 9, 2012
• Application & More Info: http://dmlcentral.net/call-for-applications-2012-summer-institute-program
Microsoft Research PhD Internships.
• Who: Current PhD students working on social media topics from a social science perspective
• Deadline: January 10, 2012
• More Information: http://socialmediacollective.org/2011/11/28/social-science-phd-internships-at-microsoft-research-new-england-spring-summer-2012/
Human Trafficking & Technology Research Grants.
• Who: Scholars who can research the role of tech in different facets of human trafficking
• Deadline: February 17, 2012
• Request for Proposals: http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/collaboration/focus/education/human-trafficking-rfp.aspx
More information about the Air-L