[Air-L] Digital Divide and Social Media: Connectivity Doesn’t End the Digital Divide, Skills Do #SciAm_blogs

Danica Radovanovic danica.radovanovic at gmail.com
Sat Dec 17 03:06:14 PST 2011

An article which may be of interest from The Scientific American this week.

I wrote a blog post about digital inequalities and social
media,  discussing "new digital divides"
http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/guest-blog/2011/12/14/digital-divide-and-social-media-connectivity-doesnt-end-the-digital-divide-skills-do/

Also, an interesting response to my text:
http://blogs.computerworlduk.com/simon-says/2011/12/the-new-digital-divides/index.htm

I have received enormous amounts of feedback to my article and wrote few
thoughts about it on my blog (www.danicar.org).

I hope in the future publications and conferences there will be more
discussion on the issues I've addressed in the text.

Wishing everyone the very best for the holidays!

Danica

--
Danica Radovanovic
Doctoral candidate in Communication studies