[Air-L] FW: Blogpost: Immiserating the Poor: We Have An App For That (Social Media vs. the iPhone in Egypt and a Kenyan slum)

Michael Gurstein gurstein at gmail.com
Fri Feb 11 11:32:18 PST 2011

Immiserating the Poor: We Have An App For That (Social Media vs. the iPhone
in Egypt and a Kenyan slum)

The app culture is one of individuals and individualized approaches. Apps
enable and empower the individual as a consumer, as a communicator, as an
information handler. However, many of the major issues in a developing world
(and other) environment are not ones that lend themselves readily to
individualized responses or individual solution.

http://wp.me/pJQl5-5P

Michael Gurstein