[Air-L] Update on C&T 2011 Organizations and Social Network Sites workshop: JCMC special issue confirmed

Charles Steinfield steinfie at msu.edu
Sun Feb 20 07:45:26 PST 2011

Dear colleagues,
Are you studying some aspect of social network site use in
organizational contexts?  If so, please consider participating in the
"Organizations and Social Network Sites" workshop to be held at the
Communities and Technologies 2011 conference in Brisbane, Australia.
We have now confirmed that after the workshop, several papers will be
selected and invited for submission to a special issue of the Journal
of Computer Mediated Communication. All papers will undergo a double-
blind review at the journal. However, we will work with the authors of
selected papers to revise their papers to increase the likelihood of
acceptance at JCMC and there will be a special issue devoted to this
topic.

Here are the key dates:
April 1, 2011:   submit an extended abstract (1500 words) to Charles
Steinfield (steinfie at msu.edu) and Marleen Huysman
(mhuysman at feweb.vu.nl).
April 15, 2011:  acceptance notifications for the workshop will be
sent out
June 1, 2011:  final papers due
June 30, 2011:  workshop will be held in Brisbane, Australia

Please share this information with colleagues working on this topic.

Charles Steinfield, Michigan State University (steinfie at msu.edu)
Marleen Huysman, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam (mhuysman at feweb.vu.nl)