[Air-L] CALL FOR PAPERS - The Future of the Social Web (FoSW'11)
rebecca.eynon at oii.ox.ac.uk
Fri Feb 25 05:57:24 PST 2011
* * *
CALL FOR PAPERS - The Future of the Social Web (FoSW'11) http://grupoweb.upf.edu/fosw2011/cfp.html
In conjunction with the Intl. Conf. on Weblogs and Social Media (ICWSM 2011) July 21, 2011 -- Barcelona; Catalunya (Spain)
The aim of this workshop is to encourage discussion and sharing of ideas and highly innovative research results that focus on the future of the social web.
We aim to promote interdisciplinary research and exchange of ideas in this area, between industry and academia, in different fields (e.g., computer science, mathematics, physics, psychology, sociology, cultural anthropology, etc.).
In particular, we would like to discuss what the future of the web might be in light of the recent wave of social media technologies and
services: there is little doubt that the web is being fundamentally transformed by social media, both in terms of how content is created and shared, and also in terms of how business and society are embracing social media.
We solicit the following types of submissions:
* Highly-innovative research contributions describing innovative results;
e.g. new perspectives on social media mining, novel interaction paradigms,
empirical studies showing emerging trends, metrics, etc.
* Position papers discussing the future of the social web; e.g. future
developments that might be extrapolated from current evidence; scenarios
potentially having a strong positive or negative impact on users and society at
large; impact of new social media mechanisms on the future of search, e-mail,
and other "traditional" services; future research directions and areas of
opportunity for innovation.
Contributions are limited to 10 pages in ACM-SIG format, and should be submited through EasyChair:
* March 22, 2011:Workshop Paper Submission
* April 8, 2011:Workshop Paper Acceptance Notification
* July 21, 2011:ICWSM-11 Workshops Day
* Ricardo Baeza-Yates - Yahoo! Research Barcelona
* Carlos Castillo - Yahoo! Research Barcelona
* Sandra Gonzalez-Bailon - University of Oxford (UK)
* Alejandro (Alex) Jaimes - Yahoo! Research Barcelona
More information about the Air-L