[Air-L] Egypt again - Google and others invent

William Bain willronb at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 2 04:33:18 PST 2011

Hi,

And IMHO, there's a real threat in Egypt's current situation of "balkanization", far away as it seems. It's an exergue that's not easy to get across in new media or old media. But I think it underlies why the Egyptian army was not acting oppressively; ready to listen. Paul Kennedy's _Preparing for the Twenty First Century_ talks about it and such depressed area and lack of preparation. Were we prepared? Demographically or otherwise?

Cheers,

William

William Bain
PhD Student