[Air-L] Call for ICT Humans 2011

David Hakken dhakken at indiana.edu
Wed Feb 16 08:37:10 PST 2011

> CALL FOR PAPERS: Submission deadline (new date): 28 February 2011
>
> IADIS International Conference
>
> ICT, Society and Human Beings 2011
>
> Rome, Italy
> 24 - 26 July 2011
>
> Conference Program Co-Chairs:
>
> Gunilla Bradley, Professor Em, Royal Institute of Technology,
> Stockholm, Sweden
>
> Diane Whitehouse, Chair of IFIP WG 9.2 on Social Accountability and
> Computing, The Castlegate Consultancy, UK
>
> Conference background and goals
> The effects of ICT on human beings as well as the interaction
> between ICT, individuals, and society are all within the focus of
> this conference. Both analyses of interactions and effects are
> important. Changes in behaviour, perspectives, values, competencies,
> human and psychological aspects and feelings are all of interest.
> Reflections on past, present,
> and future challenges - especially planning for handling the latter
> - are encouraged.
>
> Today, computer science and ICT-related disciplines are working more
> and more together with various behavioural and social sciences
> including child psychology and developmental psychology. For this
> reason, the conference pays attention to societal changes, global
> and more local organisational and institutional changes, changes in
> values and in lifestyles, as well as individual cognitive effects
> and changes, motivational and emotional changes. It also appeals to
> solution-building in terms of desirable goals and actions for
> reaching a Good Information Society.
>
> In general all types of research strategies are encouraged, and
> especially cross-disciplinary and multi-disciplinary studies. Case
> studies, broader empirical field studies, theoretical analyses,
> cross-cultural studies, scenarios, ethnographic studies,
> epistemological analyses may all be presented.
>

> The broader scope of this conference is presented in the conference
> web site http://www.ict-conf.org  under "Call for papers" including
> a theoretical framework which outlines the conference approach.
>
> Submissions
> Details on the conference web site http://www.ict-conf.org/ under
> "submissions".
> The proceedings of the conference will be published in the form of a
> book and CD-ROM with ISBN, available also in the IADIS Digital
> Library (accessible on-line).
> Types of contributions: Full and Short Papers, Reflection Papers,
> Posters, Demonstrations, Tutorials, Panels and Doctoral Consortium.
> All submissions are subject to a blind refereeing process.
> Selected authors of best papers will be invited to submit extended
> versions of their papers to selected journals including journals
> from INDERSCIENCE Publishers.
>
> Important Dates
> - Submission Deadline (new date): 28 February 2011
> - Notification to Authors (new date): 31 March 2011
> - Final Camera-Ready Submission and Early Registration (new date):
> [...]

David Hakken
Information Ethnographer
Professor of Social Informatics
Director of Graduate Admissions, Department. of Informatics
Director of International Activities
Co-Director, Project on Science and Technology in the Pacific Century
School of Informatics
901 E. !0th Street
Indiana University
Bloomington, IN 47406
dhakken at indiana.edu
http://www.informatics.indiana.edu/research/profiles/dhakken.asp

Office Hours: M 10:30-11:30, W 1-2

"Creating intellectual property is the essence of what we do at
Microsoft..."--Microsoft press release, August, 2005