[Air-L] Undergrad software studies seminar question

Denise N. Rall denrall at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 20 15:31:01 PST 2011

While I don't have a specific title for you, I welcome your query as I agree the "standard softwares" have a lot to answer for.

Here's a journal that has helped me in the past, no essays, but pretty good analysis on specific topics. You could benefit from a quick search there.
Internet Research: Electronic Networking Applications and Policy

Also since you are in software studies, I assume you know the work of Matthew Fuller. Fuller, M., Ed. (2008). Software Studies: A Lexicon. Cambridge MA, MIT Press.

Matt Ratto has done some nice work on Linux that might be useful. Ratto, M. (2004). Why is this penguin angry? Linux, social values and emotional attachments. Internet Research 5.0: Ubiquity?, University of Sussex, Association of Internet Researchers.

Cheers, Denise

Denise N. Rall, PhD. Premier Participant, Lismore Art in the Heart
Next Exhibit: Northern Rivers Community Gallery, Ballina, NSW, March 2011.
Lismore NSW AUSTRALIA Mobile +(61)(0)438 233344 Fax +(61)(0)2 6624 5380
http://www.scu.edu.au/schools/esm/staff/pages/drall/