[Air-L] seek textbook recommendation on CMC

Meryl Krieger meryl.krieger at gmail.com
Sat Feb 26 14:04:19 PST 2011

I would take sections of both of these for a generalized class on CMCs, but
I'm personally looking at these two books for a class I'm designing on new
media - they take very different approaches.

Deuze, Mrk ed. (2011) *Managing Media Work*. Los Angeles and London: Sage.
This one's an industry insider's take on media industries. A good collection
but I'm judging it to be an "only textbook" for a particular kind of class.

Lister, Martin, John Dovery, Seth Giddings, Iain Grant and Kieran Kelly.
(2009) New Media: A Critical Introduction, 2nd edition. London and New York:
Routledge. This one is a broader introductory text, but I'm looking at it
for a sociology undergraduate class.

Meryl