[Air-L] The Meaning of Play

Tuszynski, Stephanie STuszynski at bethanywv.edu
Mon Feb 28 07:58:32 PST 2011

Ren - this is interesting since I don't think of "play" as something that applies only to gaming and your definition is very deeply rooted in that form and only that form. I've seen a lot of female fans engage in play, both with identity and with creative activities, that have very little to do with any of this. No rules, no boundaries, no object. I would still consider it playing but it's far removed from the idea of a game with rules and an object. Interesting.

Dr. Stephanie Tuszynski
Assistant Professor of Communication
Bethany College

Message: 6