[Air-L] Motivations for status updating

Michael Conover midconov at indiana.edu
Tue Feb 1 09:33:57 PST 2011

Golder et al: Tweet, tweet, retweet: Conversational aspects of retweeting on
twitter

Java, et al. Why we twitter: understanding microblogging usage and
communities

Marwick, et al. I Tweet Honestly, I Tweet Passionately: Twitter Users,
Context Collapse, and the Imagined Audience

Naaman, et al. Is it really about me?: message content in social awareness
streams

Honeycutt, et al. Beyond microblogging: Conversation and collaboration via
Twitter.

Danah Boyd does a lot of work in this area.

http://www.danah.org/papers/

Hope this helps ..

Cheers,
Mike
<http://portal.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=1348556>
--
Center for Complex Networks and Systems Research
School of Informatics and Computing, Indiana University