[Air-L] Tools to grab data from Wikipedia?

Christine Moellenberndt chris at inreach.com
Wed Feb 2 16:52:57 PST 2011

I don't know of any off the top of my head... I don't know how comfortable you are with programming and whatnot, but the API at en.wp is pretty robust and if you wanted to write your own bot to do that it probably wouldn't be too hard...

... or there's a great community around Wikipedia that might be able to help you write said bot ;)

The toolserver has a lot of great tools as well, and someone involved in that part of the community may also be able to give you a hand:

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Toolserver

Hope that helps a little...

-Christine
MA Candidate, SJSU
Community Associate, Wikimedia Foundation