[Air-L] Academic work on the website 4chan?

Iain Ros MacKenzie IRosMacKenzie at gmail.com
Sun Feb 6 06:15:36 PST 2011

Hello everyone,

I am curious to know if anyone on this list knows if there have been any
pieces of academic work on the subject of 4chan and the phenomenon of
anonymity on the Internet?  I've been doing some hunting of my own and have
so far only found a TED presentation by the website's founder
here<http://www.ted.com/index.php/talks/christopher_m00t_poole_the_case_for_anonymity_online.html?awesm=on.ted.com_8Mmx>,
newspaper articles, and of course the Wikipedia and Encyclopedia dramatica
entries for the website, which, while interesting, will not be adequate (at
least on their own) for the literature review section of my project.

If anyone would be willing to point me in the right direction it would be
much appreciated!

Yours sincerely,
Iain MacKenzie