[Air-L] The Meaning of Play

Alex Golub golub at hawaii.edu
Mon Feb 28 13:51:14 PST 2011

Ren,

You should check out Goffman's less read -- but more interesting --
work that is actually _about_ games: the long essays "where the action
is", "fun in games" and so forth. And remember Becker's -- or was it
Louis Wirth's? -- line that  "originality is a product of a faulty
memory". It may be that you are just reinventing run-of-the-mill
theories of symbolic interaction. The more literature review the more
better!

-A

Alex Golub, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Anthropology