[Air-L] CFH: examples of 'digital city'?

jin shang j.shang.ebox at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 17:54:56 PST 2011

Thanks everybody for your kindly help! Your messages are all very useful.
I'm currently doing a research on the 'ecological system' of 'digital city'.
If any of you're interested let's keep in touch. Thanks.

Hi, Jin.
In Argentina, you can visit the "San Luis Digital" project site:
http://www.sanluisdigital.edu.ar/sldasp/index.asp (english version)

Alejandro Tortolini
Science & Tech Journalist - Teacher

On 20 January 2011 23:00, Jeremy hunsinger <jeremy at tmttlt.com> wrote:

> also not quite what you are looking for... but we have the famed
> Electronic Village... www.bev.net of which there has been many pages
> of ink spilled.
> http://www.aoir.org/

Hi Jin,

The Portuguese digital cities program was extremely interesting and a little
bit different from the rest of the digital cities projects. You can check my
article "Are digital cities intelligent? The Portuguese case", *International
Journal of Innovation and Regional Development * (IJIRD), Vol. 1, Nº 4, pp.
443-463, where you find examples and other bibliography on the subject.

Take care,

Bárbara Barbosa Neves
Research Fellow
Centre for Public Administration & Policies
CAPP-ISCSP, Technical University of Lisbon
Rua Professor Almerindo Lessa,
1300-663 Lisboa

Visiting Scholar,
NetLab, University of Toronto
IMK, University of Oslo

Some I'd come across

New to me, on Teeside, is One NorthEast's Digital City

Long established is (originally a project of Virginia Tech) Blacksburg
(Virginia) Electronic Village - Jeremy Hunsinger has had a lot and long term
involvement ...

I see Paris has claimed to be a digital city

Sophia Antipolis http://www.sophia-antipolis.org/GB/index3.htm possibly,
though arguably largely a technology / business park

Hope that helps

Having successfully completed Walk Like a Pirate with a few piractical
companions http://tinyurl.com/22uaypo you can see progress on the
construction of the Pirates' new fully accessible broadbeam boat at

There's still time to help see at http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/zorro

Not sure if these are what you're looking for.