[Air-L] CFH: examples of 'digital city'?

Patrícia Dias da Silva pdiasdasilva at gmail.com
Fri Jan 21 03:28:38 PST 2011

Hi,

In Portugal, in early 2000s there were a lot of projects under the
"digital cities" umbrella. But they were quite different in nature,
and some more ambitious than consequential. The goals ranged from
promoting basic Internet connection to online marketing strategies for
tourism and local products.

Here's the portal of digital cities and regions (at some point, they
moved towards wider territorial units): http://www.cidadesdigitais.pt/

The information is only in Portuguese, but you may get the general idea...

Best of luck,

Patrícia Dias da Silva
Instituto de Ciências Sociais
Universidade de Lisboa