[Air-L] Personalization of Google results (incl. little pilot study)

Marianne van den Boomen M.V.T.vandenBoomen at uu.nl
Sat Jan 22 17:59:09 PST 2011

Dear Anders,

I would like to contribute to your research, but when I try to use
google.com it redirects automatically to google.nl - speaking of
peronalisation ;-) I guess such localization happens default in most
countries.
It can be circumvented, however: just type google.com/ncr (no country
redirect) and you will stay at google.com.
May be a good idea to insert this in your call for participation?

kind regards

Marianne

Media and Culture Studies | University Utrecht
Office: Kromme Nieuwegracht 20 (room T2.13A)
Mail: Muntstraat 2a | 3512 EV UTRECHT
Phone: +31 (0)30 253 9607
M.V.T.vandenBoomen at uu.nl | www.hum.uu.nl
www.newmediastudies.nl | www.vandenboomen.org