[Air-L] FW: From A to <A>

Holly Kruse holly.kruse at gmail.com
Thu Jan 6 10:23:40 PST 2011

Fowarded by request.

Holly

Subject: From A to <A>/air-l
From:    "Anastasia Scott" <mktgtwo at umn.edu>
Date:    Thu, January 6, 2011 9:26 am
To:      air-l-owner at listserv.aoir.org

Essays exploring the role of markup in contemporary discourse

FROM A TO <A>: Keywords of Markup
Edited by Bradley Dilger and Jeff Rice
University of Minnesota Press | 272 pages | 2010
ISBN 978-0-8166-6609-6 | paperback | $25.00
ISBN 978-0-8166-6608-9 | hardcover  | $75.00

 From A to <A> investigates the relationship between media and culture
by articulating questions regarding the role of markup. How do the
codes of HTML, CSS, PHP, and other markup languages affect the Web’s
everyday uses? How do these languages shape the Web’s communicative
functions? This novel inquiry positions markup as the basis of our
cultural, rhetorical, and communicative understanding of the Web.

PRAISE FOR FROM A TO <A>:
"From A to <A> is a marvelous conception—notably good, in essay after
essay, at constructing and mining a developmental history of web
technologies. Bradley Dilger and Jeff Rice have assembled a remarkably
thoughtful community of thinkers." —Stuart Moulthrop, University of
Baltimore

ABOUT THE EDITORS:
Bradley Dilger is associate professor of English at Western Illinois
University.

Jeff Rice is associate professor of English at University of Missouri–
Columbia.

For more information, including the table of contents, visit the
book's webpage:
http://www.upress.umn.edu/Books/D/dilger_from.html

Sign up to receive news on the latest releases from University of
Minnesota Press:
http://www.upress.umn.edu/mediaalert.html

Please email me if you have any questions.
--
Heather Skinner, Publicist
University of Minnesota Press
skinn077 at umn.edu