[Air-L] Just a quick question

Ehon Chan ehon.chan at gmail.com
Mon Jan 17 22:36:07 PST 2011

Hi guys,

I am currently volunteering with Volunteering Queensland in the office and
one of the things we've been getting volunteers to do is to retrieve data
from emails into forms.

*The story*: the old form system sends us a text email when someone fills in
their details on our volunteer form. During the Queensland floods last week,
we have a major influx of volunteers and our website went down so we created
a new website + form system which is a lot better, obviously, to collate
volunteer forms. However, this means we now have to transfer all the details
we have received before this new system (transferring from text email) into
the new form / system.

I am wondering if there is a way program something that can scan through
emails, get all the appropriate data and put it in the right column in the
new form? Or even into an excel spreadsheet.

Cheers,
Ehon Chan