[Air-L] ESN-IAMCR Call for Papers, Reminder: Deadline 8 February 2011

Francesca Musiani francesca.musiani at gmail.com
Sun Jan 30 06:51:43 PST 2011

Please find below a reminder of the Call for Papers for the Emerging
Scholars Network section of the International Association for Media and
Communication Researchers (IAMCR) 2011 Conference in Istanbul. Please note
that the deadline for abstract submission, 8 February 2011, will not be
extended.
Apologies for cross-posting.

Best regards,
Francesca Musiani

-------

International Association for Media and Communication Research (IAMCR)

ISTANBUL 2011

EMERGING SCHOLARS NETWORK SECTION CALL FOR PAPERS

The Emerging Scholars Network (ESN) invites you to participate in the
2011 International Congress of the IAMCR to be held in Istanbul,
Turkey, from July 13 to 17 2011. This year’s theme is “Cities,
Creativity, Connectivity”. We call for general academic papers in
Communication and Media Studies as well as papers addressing the
concrete conference theme.

The ESN is a section dedicated to the work and careers of emerging
scholars in the field of media and communication. Hence, we especially
look for works in progress from graduate students and new university
instructors/professors who are interested in substantial feedback and
comments intended to advance their projects.

The ESN organizes emerging scholar panels and joint panels with other
sections. Our emerging scholar panels provide a comfortable
environment for the presentation of theses and works in progress,
where emerging scholars can receive feedback from colleagues also at
the beginning of their careers and from senior scholars who act as
respondents to individual papers. The joint panels with other sections
allow for the exchange of ideas with senior scholars in the field and
networking.

In line with the purpose of our section, the ESN also organizes panels
about issues affecting emerging scholars:

- Publishing research results;
- Mentoring and the Student-mentor relationship;
- Academic work and academic jobs;
- Neoliberalism in the academy;
- Language barriers in academia.

Scholars who wish to organize or contribute to an issue-related panel
are welcome to contact Michael Dick at michael.dick[at]gmail.com.

SUBMISSION GUIDELINES

- Submissions are due February 8, 2011.  Please note that this
deadline will not be extended. Panelists will be announced March 25,
2011. Full papers are due June 03, 2011.
- Individual abstracts may only be submitted to a SINGLE section.
Please do not submit the same abstract to two or more different
sections of IAMCR.
- Abstracts should be submitted on the Conference website:
http://iamcr2011istanbul.com. The OCS system will be available from
December 01, 2010.
- Questions may be addressed to the section co-chairs, Stefania Milan
stefania.milan[at]eui.eu and Sara Bannerman at
Sara.Bannerman[at]gmail.com.
- Submissions must include author name(s), affiliation, address,
e-mail address, and paper title.
- If you are submitting a work in progress, we welcome your
submission! Please state that it is a work in progress in your
abstract.
- Abstracts should be 300-500 words.

Please also take a look at our suggestions on how to write an
abstract: http://iamcrorg/component/docman/doc_download/315-2010-esn
-how-to-write-an-abstract<http://iamcr.org/component/docman/doc_download/315-2010-esn-how-to-write-an-abstract>

MORE INFORMATION AND UPDATES ABOUT THE ESN

- Please take a look at our website (http://esn.colostate.edu);
- Join the ESN Facebook group
(http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=44068562342);
- Or subscribe to the ESN listserv
(http://iamcr.org/mailman/listinfo/esn_iamcr.org)

--
Francesca Musiani

Centre de Sociologie de l'Innovation (associé au CNRS, UMR7185)
MINES ParisTech
60, Boulevard Saint Michel
75272 PARIS Cedex 06 France

33 (0)1 40 51 92 77