[Air-L] Subaltern counter publics online?

Weiyu Zhang (Ivy) viyucheung at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 21:07:26 PST 2011

I have used the subaltern public sphere theory in a paper published in 2006.

Zhang, W. (2006). Constructing and disseminating subaltern public discourses
in China <http://www.javnost-thepublic.org/media/datoteke/13-2-zhang.pdf>.
*Javnost-The
Public, 13*(2), 41-64.

Click the link and you can download the paper.  I am also revising a book
chapter titled "virtual community as subaltern public spheres". Let me know
if you are interested in getting a copy.

A book called "counterpublic and the state" includes several studies on
online counterpublics.

Best,
Weiyu

--